Ding Ding HF League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 209 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am
Latest topics
» No Teams Available? Sign Up Here For The Next Available Team.
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 pm by Japandroid

» Rule Changes.....
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm by Vancouver GM

» Washington Tradeblock
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm by WashingtonGM

» New GM-Washington
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 pm by WashingtonGM

» Season 3 Off-Season Schedule
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am by BostonGM

» Sabres trade block *Updated April 1st
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am by Sabres GM

» New Advancement Schedule
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 pm by BostonGM

» Detroit in need of scoring
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am by Red Wings GM

» My appologies....
Rules and Rosters - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am by BostonGM

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rules and Rosters

+3
Guest 10
BostonGM
Flyers GM
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rules and Rosters - Page 2 Empty Re: Rules and Rosters

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 4:57 pm

A little arrogant Chicago being you never played me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Seriously PITT? And you are the co commish?

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sun May 05, 2013 5:05 pm

Chicago is not arrogant. He's a very good player that just finished th season with something like 145 pts. He's confident in his abilities as he should be.
I apologize for being rude or making you feel unwelcome Montreal. Fact of the matter is your passionate and actually care. We need more guys like you around. Florida and I rarely see eye to eye but I respect the hell out of him. The bottom line is we want to keep the league fun and do what's best to make it entertaining.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Sun May 05, 2013 5:20 pm

People got irritated by you because you're "that guy" at a party who nobody really knows but who says something he thinks everybody wants to hear, but nobody does because it's stupid and nobody asked, so they give you the benefit of the doubt that it just slipped out and you didn't mean to say that so they ignore it. But you decide that it's so important for everybody and you're so right that they just must not have heard you, so you say it again, but louder. Then you get all defensive when people tell you to be quiet and ask who you're here with anyways, and you take it as a personal attack on you when people are like "Dude, you're probably a good guy, but it's not really up for discussion. Just please take your shoes off in the house..."

I totally understand that you want to be heard, I think you or anyone else should be, but if you're going to tell someone else they're wrong and call them out, whether they're right or wrong for whatever reason, you have to be able to admit when you're wrong too... Babe Ruth also had the most strike-outs...just saying...
Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sun May 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Chicago GM wrote:People got irritated by you because you're "that guy" at a party who nobody really knows but who says something he thinks everybody wants to hear, but nobody does because it's stupid and nobody asked, so they give you the benefit of the doubt that it just slipped out and you didn't mean to say that so they ignore it. But you decide that it's so important for everybody and you're so right that they just must not have heard you, so you say it again, but louder. Then you get all defensive when people tell you to be quiet and ask who you're here with anyways, and you take it as a personal attack on you when people are like "Dude, you're probably a good guy, but it's not really up for discussion. Just please take your shoes off in the house..."

I totally understand that you want to be heard, I think you or anyone else should be, but if you're going to tell someone else they're wrong and call them out, whether they're right or wrong for whatever reason, you have to be able to admit when you're wrong too... Babe Ruth also had the most strike-outs...just saying...
Dude your like a guru haha
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Chicago you're ridiculous with all these comparisons you're TRYING to make. You are reading WAY too much into this and TRYING to be funny. I asked a simple question that had a simple answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sun May 05, 2013 5:44 pm

Ok the discussion is over. We're all big boys we don't need to keep antagonizing each other post after post. Montreal as I said before I apologize if I was rude to you in anyway. We have worked hard to bring this league back to a respectful level. I should of answered your question properly the first place. For the record though when your new to a league and someone asks you to do something I would just do it. It was such a simple thing. You may not have gotten it but the Commissioners have gotten together and made it a rule to post your roster. It's been this way since season 1 and not one person has ever questioned it. You stated you never actually said you weren't going to post a roster , but simply wanted to know why. It could of easily been handled by just posting a roster then PMing a Commissioner or anyone in the league for that matter. Florida answered it perfectly and we thank him for that. He basically is a commissioner as well.
We get protective and defensive over this league because very few of us have been here since the beginning. In the future just follow protocol and Pm anyone for an answer. If you read your first 3 posts in this thread, none of them have a question in them. And for that matter Islanders Gm answered your "question" 4 posts in.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Sun May 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Only the guys that have been around a while get input. Just the usual way. I'm new as well. As well there are tons of people that join similar sites. This is a usual requirement. You should be surprised there aren't any trade regulations. Some leagues like to limit the # of trades in a season.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Wow. Beezer is my buddy and is a good dude and a good player to have in a league. The way your veteran players handling that situation was wrong. He had a valid question and did nothing to try to ruin the league. He was just looking for some clarification. I'm out too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sun May 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Guest wrote:Wow. Beezer is my buddy and is a good dude and a good player to have in a league. The way your veteran players handling that situation was wrong. He had a valid question and did nothing to try to ruin the league. He was just looking for some clarification. I'm out too.
Again, read his first 3 posts. He did not ask a question.
Wait wait wait. Is this the Montreal Gm posing as a friend of his? Because all your posts now say Guest as opposed to Montreal GM. Hmmmm
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7 Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Personally I've used the rosters to game plan against my opponents team, being that its a lot more convenient than looking at an opponents roster on the ps3. Also if I'm looking for a player to trade for, much easier to find here.

As for updating your roster, it takes less than a minute for me as there might be 1 or 2 changes and 1 or 2 injuries at most. I don't think any of us are changing our rosters to the point where every line has multiple differences. It may not be an important thing to you, but there are some of us that use it effectively.

CHIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Mon May 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Hmmm, not sure what to say about this. I'm very disappointed we lost 2 GMs over roster posting.

At the same time, it's unfortunate that some guys are just immature. Totally reminds me of the "I'm taking my ball and going home" mentality some kids have when they are about 5 years old. Smile

Any lessons learned here on how we can resolve conflict without losing GMs?

My 2 cents:

In the end, MTL would have had to post his roster or eventually be dismissed from the league. He has the right to question why it's necessary but it was never open for debate so it doesn't matter if he agrees with it or throws a tantrum about it. We shouldn't have let him drag us into the back and forth BS since it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to "get it" anyway.

We all need to keep in mind that the league is more fun with user controlled teams and it's hard to find good, committed GMs. Let's do our best to address questions & encourage feedback without getting into a pissing match...sometimes it's better to walk away from the argument and let nature take it's course. In this case, I would have had a very short conversation informing him that although I appreciate his feedback, posting your roster is a rule...if he doesn't like it, he's free to move on but the discussion is over and there will be no more responses on the issue!

BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 06, 2013 3:35 pm

I'm sorry man
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Mon May 06, 2013 4:40 pm

No worries Pitt.....He was obviously a problem child and was probably looking for an argument anyway.

We all just need to be careful of these types of issues and try hard to avoid losing anyone.

But I know you guys were just trying to make a point to the guy.

Shit Happens! Smile

So how's that Boston/Pitt series going?
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Just started man. I will post each games results for you guys Smile.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Tue May 07, 2013 2:33 pm

I'll be posting my roster after progression. From my understanding we are still in playoffs.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Just to let u all know, I'm still Around I'm not leaving the league but I also don't have my roster up. Ive been on NHL 13 once since the move to the website. I will hopefully post roster by offseason and I still have to rejoin league too- I was booted because my CPU had a roster issue. Looking forward to season 4 though!
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2