Ding Ding HF League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 209 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am
Latest topics
» No Teams Available? Sign Up Here For The Next Available Team.
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 pm by Japandroid

» Rule Changes.....
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm by Vancouver GM

» Washington Tradeblock
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm by WashingtonGM

» New GM-Washington
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 pm by WashingtonGM

» Season 3 Off-Season Schedule
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am by BostonGM

» Sabres trade block *Updated April 1st
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am by Sabres GM

» New Advancement Schedule
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 pm by BostonGM

» Detroit in need of scoring
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am by Red Wings GM

» My appologies....
Rule Changes and Suggestions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am by BostonGM

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rule Changes and Suggestions

+5
Guest25
Los Angeles GM
Guest13
NewJerseyGm
Flyers GM
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rule Changes and Suggestions Empty Rule Changes and Suggestions

Post by Flyers GM Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:03 am

Hey guys. I hope you all having an excellent summer. I am very eager to get this league underway. I think we should establish a few things. 1 when should we start the league? Should we wait till EA releases the first roster update or start maybe a day or 2 after release to give guys a chance to get the game, join the league in game, and get used to the game and start in the Friday?
Now next thing is rule changes. I realize that the current rules arent exactly up to date. I am sure our commoisioner will be changing those when he gets time and when we establish all rules and rule changes.We value every single persons opinion old and new to this league. Any input or suggestions regarding rules? Last season I brought up a few things. These are my few ideas that I would like go see in effect:
- Backup goalies must start a minimum of 10 games.
- All CPUs must be set at all times.

If I can think of more i will add. But please guys chime in on this. We want your input.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Rule Changes and Suggestions Empty Re: Rule Changes and Suggestions

Post by NewJerseyGm Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 am

Waivers ON!!!!!

Like the idea with 10 gs for backup goalies.

NewJerseyGm
NewJerseyGm

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:51 am

NewJerseyGm wrote:Waivers ON!!!!!

Like the idea with 10 gs for backup goalies.

Yes I agree with waivers, only if they fix the roster issues though. Last year too many times people would lose a player for no reason at all.it was infuriating. But I agree waivers would be nice to have on if things are fixed.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Should roll 4 lines with CPU line changes unless you are losing with 2min left in the game then you can double shift stars. Some players had like 60 goals in 40 games which Isn't real. What about trades? You guys have 7 people voting but what happens when both GM's want a trade to go threw and it's voted against? That will piss GM's off and we all know what a good trade is. If Swic trades G that should be a huge overpayment with no vote against it at all I think. The GM of the league should make the call only with assistant GM chiming in on it as well.

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Colorado GM wrote:Should roll 4 lines with CPU line changes unless you are losing with 2min left in the game then you can double shift stars. Some players had like 60 goals in 40 games which Isn't real. What about trades? You guys have 7 people voting but what happens when both GM's want a trade to go threw and it's voted against? That will piss GM's off and we all know what a good trade is. If Swic trades G that should be a huge overpayment with no vote against it at all I think. The GM of the league should make the call only with assistant GM chiming in on it as well.
Its worked fine in this other league I'm in. If it gets declined, the teams will probably not have to adjust much. People have to just respect the opinions of the seven GMs voting, keep in mind all GMs don't have to vote. Only three votes r needed to make the trade go through
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:02 am

Los Angeles GM wrote:
Colorado GM wrote:Should roll 4 lines with CPU line changes unless you are losing with 2min left in the game then you can double shift stars. Some players had like 60 goals in 40 games which Isn't real. What about trades? You guys have 7 people voting but what happens when both GM's want a trade to go threw and it's voted against? That will piss GM's off and we all know what a good trade is. If Swic trades G that should be a huge overpayment with no vote against it at all I think. The GM of the league should make the call only with assistant GM chiming in on it as well.
Its worked fine in this other league I'm in. If it gets declined, the teams will probably not have to adjust much. People have to just respect the opinions of the seven GMs voting, keep in mind all GMs don't have to vote. Only three votes r needed to make the trade go through
Completely agree man. It will work perfectly fine and if it doesn't it can be tweaked. Having the trade responsibilities on 1 person was tough.
Also this year I will be creating All Star teams. There will be no games but mid season I will ask everyone in a Pm to send me 1 player from every team to make the all star team and I will tally it up and post East and West all star teams.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 am

all good then.

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by NewJerseyGm Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:27 pm

What about a trade limit pr season so people don't blow every single team.
There has to be a reason why we chose the teams we did:)

A would think 3-4 would be a good number. Let me know what you guys think. I know it's fun to trade but I also think it makes the choice a little harder so you think an extra time instead of just trading.
NewJerseyGm
NewJerseyGm

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Two roads here- same as last year- unlimited first year
6 next years

Or we set a new one
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:36 pm

I dont think it nice to put trade limit...teams will not win just because they trade every week...I personnaly dont care about team trading all their player cuz some didnt had the choice they had to pick what was available. And its part of the GM job, the trade commision could check if someone is destroying a team but with the reason you have to give when you trade I think it will help alot.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:57 pm

I agree with L.A.
Unlimited first year than 6 the following years.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Unlimited all the way. Along with game play thats what is fun about this game is all the trading and watching what other teams do. It won't get stupid I don't think as all of us no how to play the game but if a gm wants to trade all the players off his team for others why now. voting and reasons like St.Louis said will stop stupid trades from happening. This is a game and let's treat it like it.

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Colorado GM wrote:Unlimited all the way. Along with game play thats what is fun about this game is all the trading and watching what other teams do. It won't get stupid I don't think as all of us no how to play the game but if a gm wants to trade all the players off his team for others why now. voting and reasons like St.Louis said will stop stupid trades from happening. This is a game and let's treat it like it.
I agree with this.

If the trade committee is doing the job correctly, no "bad" trades should be approved. At that point, I'm not sure there's value in limiting trades.

Guys, please keep in mind, any rules we develop will need to be enforced and penalties will have to be established for rule violations. Let's try to keep it as simple as possible.
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:56 pm

Yeah simplicity works best
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:00 pm

We all wish we were GM's so let the trades flow. So much fun making trades and building your team.

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest21 Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:26 pm

yeh dont see much point in limiting trades if we have a panel of people voting whether a trade goes ahead or not.

the colorado situation shouldnt happen again if trades need to be voted on.

also if new GM's join down the line then pretty sure they will want to put their own personal touch on the team and will prob need more than few trades to do it....so limiting prob not a good idea.

Guest21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:58 pm

After playing the demo for nhl14 the Commish should turn the injuries down so we don't have players getting hurt all the time when we start the new league and you can go threw all of the settings to have them the way you want. 2nd we should turn up the hits as I found there wasn't that many in most games. What do you guys think?

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Hey fellas I was away for a week on vacation so I'm a little behind. I searched though and didn't see a official rules thread. We need to come to an agreement on these new rules as release date is quickly approaching.
- TRADE LIMIT-
It seems the consensus is that there should be no trade limit. I can get on board with this as well. I was against having a 6 trade limit but I believe at the very least the first full season should have no trade limits. We also will be having a trade panel so having a no trade limit should be no problem whatsoever.
-BACKUP GOALIES-
I brought this one up awhile ago about backup goalies having to play a minimum 10 games. This is a rule to make it more realistic basically. I could go either way on the matter so we need some input from all of you. I would lean towards enforcing the rule just to make it more realistic.
if there are anymore questions concerns or rule ideas now is the time to come forth with them. We should have an established list of rules for I would say September 1st or possibly earlier.
So everyone please chime in and speak your mind.

-swic
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:31 pm

I saw something nice on a nfl online connected and I think it would be great to put it in our league.

Season 1, 3, 5, 7 - Play the regular season, and playoffs

Season 2, 4, 6 - Sim the regular season then members who make the playoffs play them out to determine a champion.

That way rookie and draft pick are alot more important and we had more strategie to all GM's. I think that could be one of the best connected idea Ive seen.

Tell me what you think.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:08 pm

St-LouisGm wrote:I saw something nice on a nfl online connected and I think it would be great to put it in our league.

Season 1, 3, 5, 7 - Play the regular season, and playoffs

Season 2, 4, 6 - Sim the regular season then members who make the playoffs play them out to determine a champion.

That way rookie and draft pick are alot more important and we had more strategie to all GM's. I think that could be one of the best connected idea Ive seen.

Tell me what you think.
Wow, I really like this idea a lot! Lets get some more feedback but I am totally on board with it.
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:12 pm

U know, I've been thinking about this for a while I was gonna propose something like this
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:31 pm

To be honest I wouldn't be on board with this. I personally build my team around players that I like to actually use in the game. Also I have little to no faith in EAs prospect and potential system. I had many top prospects in NHL 13 and by year 4 they were all low 70s. So I may be the only one against this idea but I can get on board if its unanimous. Personally I think it would be the wrong decision for this league though.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm against this 2 as I build a team with players in the game to. Turn the injuries down if we can please. Wat too many in nhl13.

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:17 am

What do you guys think of having quicker sim of segments so the seasons don't take so long? Something like every 2 days get to the next segment of games. So start a segment on Monday and it ends on Wednesday type of thing or what about a segment from Monday till Thursday and taking the weekend off for players who don't like that Idea because it is to fast cause I noticed alot of GM's are not on the PS3 on the weekend and I don't blame them. Just throwing this out there but for myself during the week is the best time to play after work. WHat about players not in the western or eastern time zones? That was alittle hard trying to play them last time so we should get that worked out. Rule Changes and Suggestions 1925861146 

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Flyers GM wrote:To be honest I wouldn't be on board with this. I personally build my team around players that I like to actually use in the game. Also I have little to no faith in EAs prospect and potential system. I had many top prospects in NHL 13 and by year 4 they were all low 70s. So I may be the only one against this idea but I can get on board if its unanimous. Personally I think it would be the wrong decision for this league though.
I know how u feel. I had Pulock and he was only in sixties are year 4, but if there was more time, maybe they'd turn out. It prevents people from completely selling the farm
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next