Ding Ding HF League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 209 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am
Latest topics
» No Teams Available? Sign Up Here For The Next Available Team.
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 pm by Japandroid

» Rule Changes.....
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm by Vancouver GM

» Washington Tradeblock
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm by WashingtonGM

» New GM-Washington
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 pm by WashingtonGM

» Season 3 Off-Season Schedule
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am by BostonGM

» Sabres trade block *Updated April 1st
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am by Sabres GM

» New Advancement Schedule
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 pm by BostonGM

» Detroit in need of scoring
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am by Red Wings GM

» My appologies....
Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am by BostonGM

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Rule Changes and Suggestions

+5
Guest25
Los Angeles GM
Guest13
NewJerseyGm
Flyers GM
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rule Changes and Suggestions - Page 2 Empty Re: Rule Changes and Suggestions

Post by Guest Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:40 am

St-LouisGm wrote:I saw something nice on a nfl online connected and I think it would be great to put it in our league.

Season 1, 3, 5, 7 - Play the regular season, and playoffs

Season 2, 4, 6 - Sim the regular season then members who make the playoffs play them out to determine a champion.

That way rookie and draft pick are alot more important and we had more strategie to all GM's. I think that could be one of the best connected idea Ive seen.

Tell me what you think.
im on board with this as trading first round picks actually mean something and being an arm chair gm will really test how well you can manage your team

Back to top Go down

Post by NewJerseyGm Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:35 am

I also Think it's a great idea. Will post why when i am home on the cpu.
NewJerseyGm
NewJerseyGm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:49 am

maybe we should do a voting...open a new topic with a pool.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by NewJerseyGm Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:10 am

Have thought about it and i may say i am 50/50.
Back to why i think i would be good. Like other´s have said that it would make picks and prospects alot more valuable, because we "may" end up with 6-7 or 8 seasons.
I can see the problem with a cpu that control your team a full season, but that is just how it has to be.
A not so good thing is also that you dont set your own mark on your own prospect with a simed season. Some users could hit the jackpot and have alot of layers risen without any doing in it.

I do think it would be stupid thing to change the advance days to to between. it would end up with to many "cpu" games played istead of the human vs human that is the fun part. i think we should stick to the advance schedule.
NewJerseyGm
NewJerseyGm

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:21 am

NewJerseyGm wrote:Have thought about it and i may say i am 50/50.
Back to why i think i would be good. Like other´s have said that it would make picks and prospects alot more valuable, because we "may" end up with 6-7 or 8 seasons.
I can see the problem with a cpu that control your team a full season, but that is just how it has to be.
A not so good thing is also that you dont set your own mark on your own prospect with a simed season. Some users could hit the jackpot and have alot of layers risen without any doing in it.

I do think it would be stupid thing to change the advance days to to between. it would end up with to many "cpu" games played istead of the human vs human that is the fun part. i think we should stick to the advance schedule.
Ya I believe we should stick with the current advance schedule. If someone is busy they could potentially have a few games simmed which could result in injuries.
I too think playing your rooks on the lines I want and when I want is a big thing. I don't believe that simming will make rookies more valuable. If anything they could be worse because then there development is just random.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Ok..I know what you mean but again pick and prospect will mean nothing resulting in 75 overall after 4 years.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 pm

I had Matt Peumpel at 68 I think it was after 4 seasons. Griffin Reinhart 70 after 4 seasons. Yes you can argue that going 7-8 seasons will change things drastically, what if it doesn't. Not to mention players like Lecavalier, Doan, Hartnell, Timonen, Thornton, Pronger and all the other superstars in there mid to late 30s will be virtually useless.
I spend 60 dollars to PLAY this game lol. Not to sim a whole 4 of 8 seasons played. And Sims in this game are terrible. I do offline sims with friends and players struggle to reach ppg statistics.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:34 pm

Let's play all seasons. I have Colorado and it's one of the youngest teams so if I trade every first rounder it doesnt matter as my team is stacked with young talent already so I don't need picks.

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 pm

I will stick with this league till the end as I did before. I will play this league regardless of how it's played. That being said, the seasons we Sim I would not be interested in at all.
If the league as a majority decides to do every other season as Simmed, ill be on board.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:05 pm

no maybe stick to regular playing no sims..simple.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:31 pm

St-LouisGm wrote:no maybe stick to regular playing no sims..simple.
Which do you prefer?
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:43 pm

I just dont like the fact fact that prospect are not that important but maybe ea corrected the issue in nhl14 I hope lol...But I dont know I think siming a entire season till playoff will take about 1h for the commish maybe 1h30...then we can start playing again so in a window of 2h one season will be done (just regular season). So we would have two off season in a 4-6 days period thats cool lol and then the next advancement we would start season 3.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:47 pm

I know the 82 games sim will have to be done in a one shoot deal and that means no human interaction cpu is controling line, injury....but nothing that can change your team for the playoff and for next season nothing dramatic + it will give people who are not so good and dont make playoff to play playoff game once in a while (if cpu win for them). Overall its a win-win....its to have fun and use Gm skills so why not use something like that to boost it.

Like I said you will not even wait for it, it will take about 1h to sims a complete 82 games. Next thing you know off season again...fun again and season 3 begins. Thats cool to me lol. If we see something is not working or people dont like it then next time we could just return to plying every season...but I think we should at least try to see...there is no risk nothing can happen except the worst would be missing the playoff 2015 even with a good team. (but its not a big deal, just one year)
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Gm's would have to use good strategie between season cuz 33yo player will now be 35 next season that is more challenging for Gms, a lot more fun being a gm, trading draft pick and prospect. More I talk about it more I would want to see it happen.

Lets try it guys just with season 2 to see if it make sense.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:37 am

I would be all for giving it a test run, but not till season 3. I personally put a lot of thought and plan out my attack and ideas for my roster before the game even comes out. The plan reflects the first 2 seasons as I have expiring contracts and potential retiring players. I would try out the Sim idea but not till season 3. We need more guys getting in on this discussion to help out.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 pm

That's a TERRIBLE idea!!!
That's just being lazy and trying to fast-forward, wanting your favorite prospects to get better faster...

Unless they've DRASTICALLY changed things, having a good prospect doesn't mean they'll automatically develop really well... The computer fits your "best lines", if you have a four-star 19 year old, he could be great, sure, but he starts at like 60 and the computer will never play him...what's the point in that? You lose a year and possible rating points on guys already established? Go play in the CHL if all you're concerned about is prospects...

And simming the whole season?? What about a team built for a super strong single-season push? *cough*2013 Penguins*cough* simming is completely random, you're gonna cost a team that someone's carefully put together the one year window they have because you want to see if MAYBE a high-rated prospect pans out?? Gimme a break....... Just because a prospect is rated super high does NOT mean they're guaranteed to be amazing... 2 words: Doig Wickenheiser... 2 more: Gilbert Brule... "But that's real life!". NHL13, Mark McNeill, 4-star rating...I played him on my 3rd and 2nd lines for 3 seasons, tons of minutes, faceoffs, penalty minutes, points, all the experience I could give him........he finished a 74.... John Moore, I got him as a 78, played one season on my 3rd defence pairing, he's an 85... Point is, you really have no idea...

This is not "NHL Prospect Manager 14," that's one facet of the game, you have to be good at ALL of it to win...don't get lazy on me
Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Chicago GM wrote:That's a TERRIBLE idea!!!
That's just being lazy and trying to fast-forward, wanting your favorite prospects to get better faster...

Unless they've DRASTICALLY changed things, having a good prospect doesn't mean they'll automatically develop really well...  The computer fits your "best lines", if you have a four-star 19 year old, he could be great, sure, but he starts at like 60 and the computer will never play him...what's the point in that?  You lose a year and possible rating points on guys already established?  Go play in the CHL if all you're concerned about is prospects...

And simming the whole season??  What about a team built for a super strong single-season push? *cough*2013 Penguins*cough* simming is completely random, you're gonna cost a team that someone's carefully put together the one year window they have because you want to see if MAYBE a high-rated prospect pans out??  Gimme a break.......  Just because a prospect is rated super high does NOT mean they're guaranteed to be amazing...  2 words: Doig Wickenheiser...  2 more: Gilbert Brule...  "But that's real life!". NHL13, Mark McNeill, 4-star rating...I played him on my 3rd and 2nd lines for 3 seasons, tons of minutes, faceoffs, penalty minutes, points, all the experience I could give him........he finished a 74....   John Moore, I got him as a 78, played one season on my 3rd defence pairing, he's an 85...  Point is, you really have no idea...

This is not "NHL Prospect Manager 14," that's one facet of the game, you have to be good at ALL of it to win...don't get lazy on me
You really didnt read my post at all. I dont care about MY prospect I care about managing prospect and draft pick around the league...Im st louis my prospect are already in the 78 to 80. The ''John Moore, I got him as a 78, played one season on my 3rd defence pairing, he's an 85'' is in offline mode not online, I had Moore online and he was 80 top after 2 season. The gm connected mode in 2013 lack of real rookie, draft pick and prospect management. There is nothing lazy about wanting to add skills to the gm connected mode. Before your next post...relax life is fun lol and nhl14 is a game.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:02 pm

I expressed my opinion on the matter before. I am against it. But if its voted that the league likes it so be it. But I will not be voting for it.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest25 Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:11 am

I have no problem with that it was just a suggestion...but if you tthink it will not help then it's ok....It was just a idea I took from a madden league.
Guest25
Guest25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:44 am

Negative. I picked up John Moore in the NHL13 GM Connected league that's still going... He's on my team right now, he's an 85, I've had him for one season.

Fact is, high first round picks aren't supposed to make a huge difference for a year or two...but the league doesn't just shut down until Yakupov says "Ok, I'm ready now..." because Selanne, who IS ready now, only has a year left.......
Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest19 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Flyers GM wrote:Hey guys. I hope you all having an excellent summer. I am very eager to get this league underway. I think we should establish a few things. 1 when should we start the league? Should we wait till EA releases the first roster update or start maybe a day or 2 after release to give guys a chance to get the game, join the league in game, and get used to the game and start in the Friday?
Now next thing is rule changes. I realize that the current rules arent exactly up to date. I am sure our commoisioner will be changing those when he gets time and when we establish all rules and rule changes.We value every single persons opinion old and new to this league. Any input or suggestions regarding rules? Last season I brought up a few things. These are my few ideas that I would like go see in effect:
- Backup goalies must start a minimum of 10 games.
- All CPUs must be set at all times.
If I can think of more i will add. But please guys chime in on this. We want your input.
With regards to the original post, when are we planning on starting this thing up?  I will be leaving for vacation for 2 weeks this weekend.  Thus, I will not be getting the game and joining the league until roughly Sep 20th.  Just so whoever is the commissioner is tracking that Washington will not be playing games until that weekend.  If we start before I get back, no worries, I will just hope to God the simulations do not injure any of my players...

Guest19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest13 Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Your players will get injured and thats why if there is a setting to turn down injuries we should do it.

Guest13

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:49 pm

We'll definitely look at the injuries settings. I agree that NHL13 was out of control with the injuries so hopefully it will be improved in 14 anyway but if sliders are available we can look at that too.

BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2