Ding Ding HF League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 209 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am
Latest topics
» No Teams Available? Sign Up Here For The Next Available Team.
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 pm by Japandroid

» Rule Changes.....
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm by Vancouver GM

» Washington Tradeblock
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm by WashingtonGM

» New GM-Washington
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 pm by WashingtonGM

» Season 3 Off-Season Schedule
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am by BostonGM

» Sabres trade block *Updated April 1st
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am by Sabres GM

» New Advancement Schedule
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 pm by BostonGM

» Detroit in need of scoring
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am by Red Wings GM

» My appologies....
Post Season Advancement Schedule....  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am by BostonGM

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Post Season Advancement Schedule....

+5
Flyers GM
Vancouver GM
Guest 7
Los Angeles GM
BostonGM
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post Season Advancement Schedule....  Empty Post Season Advancement Schedule....

Post by BostonGM Thu May 02, 2013 11:32 am

All GM's:

The playoffs will start after advancement on Saturday night 05-04-13 at 11PM EST.

We will advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs on Monday 05-06-13 at 11PM EST.

We will advance to the Conference Finals on Wednesday 05-08-13 at 11PM EST

The Stanley Cup Finalswill begin on Friday, 05-10-13 at 11PM EST.

We will advance to the Off-season on Sunday, 05-12-13 at 11PM EST.

Off-season advancements will be every evening at 11PM EST until the 3rd round of FA signings.

We will advance directly into Season 4 after the 3rd round of FA.  So, we basically have 3 tries to get a FA signed before the season starts.

I believe there will be about 5-6 advancements during the off-season so that puts the start of season 4 no later than May 18th, 2013.

That's 2 weeks for the Post & Off-season.  If anyone has issues with this, notify me soon....once the post season starts, the schedule will not be changed.  I'd love to get it done faster but I don't think it is practical to condense the schedule anymore.  However, if anyone has ideas I'm all ears.

Since I'm not sure of the number of advancements during the off-season, I will keep everyone up to date on the specific start date of Season 4.

GOOD LUCK IN THE PLAYOFFS EVERYONE!!!

Last edited by IslandersGM on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post Season Advancement Schedule....  Empty Re: Post Season Advancement Schedule....

Post by Los Angeles GM Thu May 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Am I in? Not sure I can play if i am
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post Season Advancement Schedule....  Empty Re: Post Season Advancement Schedule....

Post by Guest 7 Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 pm

As long as my play opponent can play before 5pmEST or after 3am! Pretty positive I have a CPU opponent in the 1st round though.

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 am

I totally understand wanting to speed things along for all the GMs who didn't make the playoffs, but for all that do, isn't making the advancement periods so short kind of penalising guys for doing well?

I mean, trying to get the entire playoffs done in under a week seems a little unfair. That's basically giving guys one chance to play all their games, or too bad... It handcuffs guys if, say, you play a couple games and you get really frustrated because you lost 2 games on some silly goal that shouldn't have gone in, you should have the chance to take a break, and play the rest of your games later. Yeah, you need to be really consistent if you're good, but even the NHL teams get a day off in between games to settle down and gather themselves and prepare themselves for the next game.

If it's just me I'll shut up, I just don't think we should be straying so far from the normal advancement schedule when games are so much more important. The competition is so much more fun when guys feel pressure from other teams, not from the clock...
Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Fri May 03, 2013 9:07 am

Alright, well....hmmmmm. I think you make good points and I definitely want it to be fair to everyone. What about every 3rd day? Maybe we could advance sooner if everyone finishes their series sooner....but then we'd be winging it as far as the schedule goes.

Keeping the advances the way they are now would have us down for over a month and not start the new season until sometime in June. I think that's too long.

BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 am

I agree with Chicago and Islanders lol. A June start for season 4 is much much too long. I think we can "wing" it as long as all series are done. After each advance we can give them every 3rd day to finish. If they aren't finished in the given time we advance. But no reason we can't advance sooner if everyone is done. Tis however poses problems be causes last year we had a lot of guys start their series on the last day. That can not happen this year. It caused a lot of problems last year with guys just waiting until the last day. We have to get these series done ASAP. However Chicago is right when it comes to needing a little break we should be able to take one. Maybe for 1st round we can try to do it the original way that Islanders said. We will only learn by actually trying and experimenting with different methods.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Yeah, I agree that pretty much a whole month for the playoffs and off-season is pretty long, and I like the ideea of advancing everyday at 11pm EST in the off-season. Guys should know who's up for a contract renewal and what their preference is in terms of who to re-sign.

I think every 3rd day is fair for the playoffs, that's pretty much how often we advance now, it's just important that guys get in touch with each other right away when they know who their next opponent is going to be and set up when to play right away. I had a big problem scheduling games with Phoenix last year because he's in England so time differences were a major problem. Phoenix is a good dude and a frustrating opponent, haha, but I think IslandersGM needs to set some rules revolving around timezones and scheduling, I mean, technically this is a North American league, but I feel bad being like "Sorry Phoenix, we'll play when I'M ready...", so the 3rd day rule only sort of works there. Like, noon for me is 3pm for you easterners, and it's 8pm for Phoenix and I think NJ, and people work during the day. 5pm for me is 8pm for you and 1am for Phoenix. Know what I mean?

I'm not really sure how to make that fair, and I'm pretty sure I have a CPU opponent in the first round anyways, but something to consider and set rules for...?
Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Fri May 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Post on here, message. If an individual does not respond in 24 hours play cpu or sim it. I know i'm new to your league, but I've been in plenty and 3 days should be the limit for completing any series.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 03, 2013 6:37 pm

I agree with all those things. 3 days would be fair. And you only have to contact one person to schedule games around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest21 Fri May 03, 2013 7:13 pm

i will try my best to get my games in but you guys need to remember that as a euro its is hard for me to fit games in if its after 12 am my time for me...unless its weekend. I work 7 days a week and its virtually impossible for me to wait up past 12 am my time to get games in if its a week day.... im sure its the same with you guys too if its daytime your end and your at work etc.

Hopefully tho we are all pretty flexible.

Knowing my luck ill prob get knocked out first round anyway.

It was extremely unforunate that my playoff series with dallas suffered last year and the series ended up getting simmed after playing out of my skin against Chicago who was great at making the serious work out.

Hopefully there is more communication this time round if im playing a user

Also may i add that im dont think everyone in the league is registered on here...i think this should be a compulsary requirement that you are so you can message and schedule games here rather than do it via the ps3

Guest21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7 Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 pm

Let's just get as much ready as we can now. I'm definately playing Post Season Advancement Schedule....  99470926 in the 1st round and its a CPU so i'll be done the 1st day.

I agree with the idea of 2 days, 3 if it's needed. As long as we all post when our series is done who knows, we could advance in 1 day. 3 days should definitely be the max though.

We're just going to have to work with each other on time differences. Just let your opponent know when you absolutely CANNOT play (at work, etc.) and find a mutual time.

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Fri May 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Everyone remember to add a roster page and meet all the requirements to play for the prize.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 am

All GM's:

REVISED 5-04-13

Based on feedback from many of you, here is the revised post season schedule:

The playoffs will start after advancement on Saturday night 05-04-13 at 11PM EST.

*PLEASE NOTE - Advancement of the playoffs schedule will occur when all the series in the round are complete or according to the following schedule, which ever comes first.

**PLEASE NOTE - The Home team of a game has final approval for scheduling games. If the visiting team can not play when the home team is available, home team can play CPU or give visitor approval to play the CPU.

We will advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs on Tuesday, 05-07-13 at 11PM EST.

We will advance to the Conference Finals on Friday, 05-10-13 at 11PM EST

The Stanley Cup Finals will begin on Monday, 05-13-13 at 11PM EST.

We will advance to the Off-season on Thursday, 05-16-13 at 11PM EST.

***PLEASE NOTE - The schedule above will be updated if playoff rounds finish sooner.

Off-season advancements will be every evening at 11PM EST until the 3rd round of FA signings.

We will advance directly into Season 4 after the 3rd round of FA. So everyone has 3 tries to get their FA signed before the season starts.

I believe there will be about 5-6 advancements during the off-season so that puts the start of season 4 no later than May 22, 2013.

Since I'm not sure of the number of
advancements during the off-season, I will keep everyone up to date on
the specific start date of Season 4 as that information becomes clearer.
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 05, 2013 6:19 pm

do we have 24 hours per re-signing period?

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Sun May 05, 2013 8:00 pm

KingsGM wrote:do we have 24 hours per re-signing period?

Yes
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 pm

Did we advance last night?
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Mon May 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Penguins GM wrote:Did we advance last night?

Yes, today is the last chance to resign players...then on to FA after we advance tonight.
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Ooooo ok. I didn't get online till 1045 pm est so I wasn't aware if we advanced yet or not.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Wed May 22, 2013 6:06 pm

All GMs:

Based the feedback that some of you have expressed, I think it might be a good idea to stop advancement tonight at the point where you have the last chance to send players to the minors or keep them up.

From there, I would suggest we advance to the start of the season on Thursday night at 8PM EST.

I should also say that I'm not clear on why we need to be concerned with stopping at that point (sending players to minors) if waivers are not on. If someone could clarify that for me it would be helpful and maybe we can roll right into season 4 tonight after all.

I'd rather be safe than sorry so if I don't get any feedback tonight before advancement I will stop as noted above.
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11 Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm

What's the concern?

Guest 11

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Florida GM wrote:What's the concern?

That's what I'm not clear on....it would be a concern if waivers were on and the CPU sends the wrong players to the minors but with waivers off, I don't see any problem.

Also, I just realized that I screwed up the timing on when the season 4 should have started...since tonight is only the second advancement for FA signings, that means the 3rd would be tomorrow night. Originally, I posted that tonight we would advance into the new season it's really tomorrow night. :-(

Let's get some feedback on why we are concerned if we advance right into the season tomorrow night and just make the player movements after that.
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Wed May 22, 2013 8:00 pm

I think that should be fine. One last chance to sign guys and then to the season. What will be the season advancement schedule?

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 pm

We advance on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 11pm est.

BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Wed May 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Ya there is no concern considering waivers are off. Not sure what people were talking about lol? Anywho let's get this season going lol. I'm ready.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Can we even start tonight?
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next