Ding Ding HF League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 209 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am
Latest topics
» No Teams Available? Sign Up Here For The Next Available Team.
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 pm by Japandroid

» Rule Changes.....
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm by Vancouver GM

» Washington Tradeblock
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm by WashingtonGM

» New GM-Washington
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 pm by WashingtonGM

» Season 3 Off-Season Schedule
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am by BostonGM

» Sabres trade block *Updated April 1st
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am by Sabres GM

» New Advancement Schedule
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 pm by BostonGM

» Detroit in need of scoring
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am by Red Wings GM

» My appologies....
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am by BostonGM

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES

+4
Flyers GM
Vancouver GM
Guest 7
Guest 10
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES Empty Re: DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES

Post by Guest 10 Sun May 05, 2013 6:05 pm

Kings taking it home I'm guessing?

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES Empty Re: DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES

Post by Guest 7 Mon May 06, 2013 1:16 am

GAME 1: 6-2 W
GAME 2: 4-3 OTL
GAME 3: 5-2 W
GAME 4: 4-1 W
GAME 5: 4-0 L
GAME 6: 4-2 W

With Duchene out for the playoffs my defenseman Erik Gustaffson has stepped up big time as a winger (4G, 1A) while Dubinsky, Laich, and Tyutin also have 5 pts each.

Both Brian Elliott (1-1-0---3.01-GAA) and Jhonas Enroth (3-0-1---2.10-GAA) posted a sub-par save% at 87.5% but they got the job done behind some good offense.

Looking forward to some human competition next round!

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Mon May 06, 2013 5:24 am

Game 2:
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 454945231 VS DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 588219958

Edmonton opened the scoring mid way through the first on a (I think) weak wrist shot that must have fooled Neuvirth.
But Fleischman tied it up knocking in a puck in a scramble early in the second period.

Edmonton went ahead 2-1 in the 3rd when Neuvirth stopped the shot from the point, and two bats at it in close, but the 4th swipe got in.
With under 5 minutes left, things were looking grim, but Neuvirth got a hold of the puck, fired it over everyone right to Fleischman who, in Kesler-ian fashion, took matters into his own hands, danced through 4 Oilers, deked Bernier and put it home for his second of the game.

OT..........

Lucic had 3 of his 7 hits in the game in the first couple minutes of OT, setting the tone early. Neuvirth made some key saves. And just as Edmonton seemed like they were gaining some momentum back, Jussi Jokinen flew down the left wing, squeaked past an Oiler defender, threw the puck to center, and who else, but Fleischman got his stick on the puck, put a perfect shot 8 inches off the ice between Bernier's pad and glove, finishing his hat trick and winning the game...

The series moves to Edmonton with the Blackhawks having capitalised on their home ice advantage, leaving the Oilers desperate to claw their way back into it......I think, unless the CPU doesn't really care...
Either way...Hawks up 2-0 in the series
Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 06, 2013 5:17 pm

Pittsburgh Penguins(1) vs Boston Bruins( 8 )

Game 1 Storyline:
THE PLAY JAROSLAV HALAK. Jaroslav Halak shook off a shaky start to make 48 saves for the Boston Bruins. The Bruins showed plenty of undisciplined play early in th first by giving up 4 first period power plays. The Penguin snipers were unable to find the back of the net as the game went on and on.
" Halak played great. He really made us work for every goal we got. Coach told us to throw everything we can at him and he handled himself very well" said Penguins forward Artem Anisimov.

Game 1:
Final Score 3-1 for the Pittsrburgh Penguins
Hits: 12-10 Pitt
Shots: 50-17 Pitt
Time on Attack: 11:07 - 4:13 for Pitt
Pittsburgh Powerplay: 1/6
Boston Bruins Powerplay: 0/1

Pittsrburgh Goal Scorers: Richards(1), Moulson(1), Perrault(1)
Boston Goal Scorer: Morrow(1).

Game 2 Preview:
Can Halak keep up his stellar play. He may need to with the way the Penguins forwards are crashing the net and putting every puck they can towards Halak.

Pittsburg leads series 1-0
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Pittsburgh Penguins vs Boston Bruins

GAME 2

Storyline: The play of the Boston Bruins net minders once again was front and centre during game 2. The Penguins scored 4 first period goals to chase Halak from the crease and in came Dubnyk. Dubnyk played solid through the final 40 minutes only giving up 3 the rest of the way. Eric Tangradi recorded the natural hat trick while Pittsburgh received offense from all 4 lines.

Final Score: Pittsburgh 7 Boston 1
Shots: 36-18 Pitt
Hits: 15-9 Pitt
Time on Attack: 6:34-419 Pitt
Face offs: 24-7 Pitt
Pittsburgh Powerplay: 1/1
Boston Powerplay: 0-4

Pittsburgh Scorers: Havlat(1), Daugavins(1), Tangradi(1), Tangradi(2), Tangradi(3), Karlsson(1), Talbot(1)

Boston Scorers: Zharkov (1)

Game 3 Preview:
Can Boston bounce back from 2 bad performances? Will Chara get his game back on track after going scoreless through the first 2 games and a minus 1.
" we gotta keep being aggressive and taking it to them. Tonight we got some pretty fortunate bounces and that can change very quickly in a series so we gotta look to dictate our own destiny" said Pittsburgh forward Eric Tangradi after scoring his first career playoff hat trick.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 pm

Figured this would be the place to post this...

Before anybody goes crazy over it, I had to restart my game 3 against the Oilers because my game froze when I dumped the puck down the ice killing a penalty. I waited for the game to catch up a solid 5 minutes, even took the break to go to the bathroom, haha, but nothing doing...

I was winning at the time 6-2 or 6-3, so I would think that just helps Edmonton's Bernier because his stats stay intact haha...at least for now Wink

Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Mon May 06, 2013 7:10 pm

No sweat CHI, I had the stupid game freeze twice on me in the last week of the season.

And I know first hand that you don't need to quit the CPU games... cough, cough 12-1 vs NYI in season 2 Wink

I just can't let that go, huh? lol
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Thanks for the great updates guys! Keep them coming!
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Mon May 06, 2013 10:45 pm

IslandersGM wrote:No sweat CHI, I had the stupid game freeze twice on me in the last week of the season.

And I know first hand that you don't need to quit the CPU games... cough, cough 12-1 vs NYI in season 2 Wink

I just can't let that go, huh? lol

Haha, hey, some nights everything just goes in... Like Don Cherry says, "Just put the puck on net, you never know what'll happen..."
Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 06, 2013 10:53 pm

Game 3

Storyline: The Boston Bruins played their best game of the series. However, it was not enough to hold off the offensively loaded Penguins. It was a fairly quiet game. Not much physical play. Douglas Murray however injured 2 Bruins forwards with no retaliation from the Bruins team. This Bruins team needs to come together quick or it will be over next game.

Final Score: Pittsburgh 5 Boston 2
Shots: 32-14 Pitt
Hits: 21-6 Pitt
Time On Attack: 6:58 - 5:48 Pitt
Face offs: 17-9 Pitt
Pittsburgh Powerplay: 1-2
Boston Powerplay: 0-2

Penguins Scorers: Grachev(1), Karlsson(2), Spezza(1), Ryan(1), Ryan(2)

Bruins Scorers: Morrow(2), Briere(1)

Game 3 Preview: The Boston Bruins just find their game and they have no more time to waste. Game 4 is quickly approaching and to avoid the sweep the Bruins need to get more pucks toward the Penguins net. The Penguins need to do exactly what they are doing. Christian Ehrhoff who was ejected for a boarding call had a meeting with Brendan Shanahan and was fined 5,000 dollars but received no suspension.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Vancouver GM Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Games 3, 4, and 5
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 454945231 @ DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 588219958, DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 454945231 @ DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 588219958, DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 454945231 VS DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES 588219958

Game 3 seemed to restart very well. Chicago jumped off to an early 2-0 lead with goals from Jokinen and Leddy. And then it all went awry...
Edmonton scored on a deflection
Edmonton scored on dump in
Edmonton scored on a rebound
Chicago was frustrated........but Lucic stepped up, circled the Edmonton net twice, found some room, and ripped home a slapshot to tie it back up, and send it to OT.

First OT - nothing happened...until Brent Seabrook, unhappy with having Gagner walk around him earlier in the game, drilled Gagner into the boards...clean, but vicious...think Gryber on Eller...Gagner left the game, and would later be said to be out for 4 games...

Second OT - Chances back and forth, until about midway into the extra period Edmonton took a seemingly innocuous wrist shot, which Neuvirth stopped, but he did a big show of doing the splits for absolutely no known reason...to which Edmonton said "Thank you very much" and popped home the rebound while Neuvirth was rolling around out of position, this prompted a very stern talking-to from Chicago management to Neuvirth who promised not to do that again...

Game 4 - ...and he followed through putting up a stellar performance for the shutout the following game. Not an incredible amount of action, pretty back and forth, but Chicago consistently put up a goal every 10-15 minutes, while Neuvirth did his job and stopped everything from entering the net behind him

Game 5 - On the brink of elimination, Edmonton played with a lot of desperation...even for a computer! Chicago gained a 2-goal lead again, but blew it in the 2nd period as Edmonton tied it up...Neuvirth, having followed through on his promise to play excellently the previous game, apparently decided that promise applied ONLY to the last game...he was less than perfect...but Toews picked up the slack and scored a hat trick...but the game puck goes to Kyle Beach...
Like a slower Milan Lucic, Beach is big, strong, delivers crushing hits, and shoots hard and accurately, but comes up a bit short in the speed department so he found it hard to fit into Chicago's line up during the regular season, but got his chance when Marcus Kruger went down, and is out to prove he should be a regular... Tied 3-3, Beach was skating into the Edmonton zone when he realised he was all alone as his line mates had left for a change. Edmonton's skater was breaking out, and Beach was the only person between him and an open wing right to Neuvirth. Beach showed that what he might lack in outright speed, he makes up for in agility as the Edmonton player went left, then went right as Beach moved to follow, Beach quickly spun around and accelerated just enough to close the gap, dished out a big, clean hit knocking the Edmonton player off his feet and the puck, skated right to Bernier by himself, executed a beautiful deke that even made Stamkos watching from the bench say "Uh oh, I better step up my game....." and confidently slid home the game-winner......

Chicago's GM is ecstatic with the game result and moving to the next round of the tournament, but even more delighted with getting great offence not only from the top forwards, but even the 3rd and 4th lines too.

Vancouver GM
Vancouver GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Mon May 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Game 4

Storyline: The Pittsburgh Penguins come out flat and it results in a fast start by the Bruins. Bruins jumped to a 3-0 lead early which ultimately was the beginning of the end for the Penguins. The Penguins outplayed the Bruins in almost every aspect except the scoreboard.
" We felt like we were the better team once again. Their goalie stood on his head and sometimes that's the way it goes" said Penguins captain Mike Richards.

Final Score: Pittsburgh 3 Boston 4
Shots: 36-14 Pitt
Hits: 17-14 Pitt
Time On Attack: 9:35- 3:47 Pitt
Face offs: 22-8 Pitt
Pittsburgh Powerplay: 1-4
Boston Powerplay: 1-2

Penguins Scorers: Ehrhoff(1), Richards(2), Havlat(2)

Bruins Scorers: Leino(1), Sharp(1), Carpentier(1), Colborne(1)

Game 5 Preview:
The Pittsburgh Penguins must change nothing and attack attack attack. They look to close it out on home ice and are confident they can do so. Penguins coach Bylsma was upset with Niemi's performance in game 4 and responded with this answer when asked if Niemi would be back it net in game 5
"No".
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Tue May 07, 2013 12:05 am

SERIES 4-1 WIN FOR PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
Game 5

Storyline: Once again the Penguins show why they were the top seed in the east. They thoroughly dominated Boston from buzzer to buzzer and the Bruins seemed wore down by the time the 3rd period hit. Christian Ehrhoff had a 4 assist night for the penguins as they cruise to the series win over the Boston Bruins.

Final Score: Pittsburgh 6 Boston 2
Shots: 41-16 Pitt
Hits: 22-10 Boston
Time On Attack: 10:14- 3:43 for Pitt
Face offs: 23-8 Pitt
Pittsburgh Powerplay: 1/1
Boston Powerplay: 1/2

Penguins Scorers: Morrow(1), Perrault(2), Spezza(2), Tangradi(4), Havlat(3), Karlsson(3)

Bruins Scorers: Horton(1), Leino(2)

3 STARS OF THE SERIES:
1) Erik Karlsson- 3 goals, 5 assists, 0 Pims, +2
2) Christian Ehrhoff- 1 goal, 6 assists, +2
3) Jason Spezza- 2 goals, 4 assists, +5

" Boston was a very tough opponent we take our hats off to them. We know they are going through some tough times right now with their GM being away and such so we hope for the best for them and look forward to playing them in the near future".
- Penguins Gm Sheldon Ireland
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES Empty Done

Post by NewJerseyGm Tue May 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Hey, I beat Nyr Cpu 4-2 in the series.. Recap is coming up. Would just say that I am done with my series.
NewJerseyGm
NewJerseyGm

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Tue May 07, 2013 5:27 pm

NewJerseyGm wrote:Hey, I beat Nyr Cpu 4-2 in the series.. Recap is coming up. Would just say that I am done with my series.

Congrats NJ!

I think the only user series still open is MIN vs COL. We'll advance tonight as soon as that one is done!
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Tue May 07, 2013 9:50 pm

Any chance on speeding things up? I thought you'd be in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round by now, but you're still in the first.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Tue May 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Nvm, so busy and tired I thought the playoffs had been going on for longer than they have.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES Empty Round 2 Preview: CBJ @ MIN

Post by Guest 7 Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 am

Round 2 is where it gets good and I'm not looking forward to Varlamov, sporting his 0.5 GAA and 97.6% SV%... CPU opponent or not, that makes me shit my pants.

Our only advantages in this series seem to be our experience, our blue liners, and our grit. Minnesota's top 2 lines are going to put up points regardless, and hopefully one of our goaltenders can catch fire so we don't have a juggling act all postseason.

With an abundance of injuries late in the season we have seen a few call ups of veteran grinders and gritty forwards on the top lines. Erik Gustaffson has seen a huge bump in playing time after the injury to top forward Matt Duchene. Gustaffson has taken over 1st line LW, as Marc Savard has filled the gap at center, getting healthy just in time to take Duchene's place. The huge supply of defenseman in Columbus' system has allowed Gustaffson to seamlessly transition to wing, while Erik Gudbranson fills the need as a 3rd defensive pair.

We're expecting to beat the Wild in the physical aspect of the game in this series, we just need to keep finding scoring from our defenseman and 3rd and 4th lines.

Good Luck

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Wed May 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Pittsburgh Penguins vs Montreal Canadiens

PITTSBURGH WINS SERIES 4-1

Farily uneventful series. Each game was relatively close due to the magnificent goaltending from Pekka Rinne. Star of the series had to be Christian Ehrhoff. He had a monster series. I don't have his stats on hand right now but he played amazing 2 way hockey. Bad new for me and good news for New Jersey or Florida, Erik Karlsson was injured in game 5 and will be gone the next 7 games.

Good luck to New Jersey and Florida. I know you both well and expect hell from either one of you.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Thu May 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Anyone else play any round 2 games yet?
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Thu May 09, 2013 11:18 pm

Hey, congrats Pitt!
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Thu May 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks man:). I haven't really earned these 2 rounds. I need to play an user GM for some real competition. I love the game and style of play of Florida and New Jersey so I'm just excited to get the Conf finals underway. Also this is my 3rd straight trip to the conference finals.

Also if any GM's wanna help me out by playing some practise/exhibition games tomorrow during the day send me a pm.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Fri May 10, 2013 12:21 am

It would be cool to see those games.....whoever you play.

Good luck.....you deserve a trip to the finals but you'll really have your hands full with either of those guys! Very Happy
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NewJerseyGm Fri May 10, 2013 6:51 am

We Will finish up the series today. Florida is currently leading 2-1 with all the games decided by 1 goal, and two of them went to OT. But it's a great series up til now, but it's now where the physical play by NewJersey will take over the series. Lineup changes is been thrown up in the air by NewJersey head coach Pete DeBoer. I do also think we been a bit unlucky at times, but that stuff happen to everybody. Frustration has been shown by the NewJersey players taking some undiciplined penalties during the series. That isent gonna change, we will play to the edge and a bit over at times, that is our gameplan and we will grind the our opponent out. A hungry and very aggresive NewJersey team will take the ice at prudential center Friday when Florida is coming to see if they can squeeze out another win in game 4.

S. Mason will start in net as he did in game 3 were he was name the first star. We need our best players to produce more, but I like what I am seeing from my button 6 players.
NewJerseyGm
NewJerseyGm

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Fri May 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Still several games to play before advancement tonight! What going on guys?
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next