Ding Ding HF League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 209 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:30 am
Latest topics
» No Teams Available? Sign Up Here For The Next Available Team.
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 pm by Japandroid

» Rule Changes.....
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm by Vancouver GM

» Washington Tradeblock
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm by WashingtonGM

» New GM-Washington
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:17 pm by WashingtonGM

» Season 3 Off-Season Schedule
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 am by BostonGM

» Sabres trade block *Updated April 1st
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 am by Sabres GM

» New Advancement Schedule
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 1:38 pm by BostonGM

» Detroit in need of scoring
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 am by Red Wings GM

» My appologies....
DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 am by BostonGM

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES

+4
Flyers GM
Vancouver GM
Guest 7
Guest 10
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 Empty Re: DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES

Post by Flyers GM Fri May 10, 2013 10:02 pm

I thought the Devils and Panthers were finishing today? And what's up out West?
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 Empty Re: DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES

Post by Guest 10 Sat May 11, 2013 8:15 am

Please get your games in. Nobody likes being a non playoff team

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7 Sat May 11, 2013 8:36 am

I suppose I could've let you know my series might be taking a little longer because of scheduling difficulties (although I can't foresee the future), but regardless, you simmed my series vs. DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 2625556668 without even attempting to contact either of us?

I don't actually know if you tried contacting Minny, but he just messaged me earlier that we would play our series Saturday, so I'm assuming you didn't.

I've been one of the most active members on the new site, and to not even contact me before simming my playoff series is a very unfair decision. We were going to play Friday (still probably wouldn't have gotten the whole series done) but I was called in to work early and he didn't get home until a little later anyway. All this is beside the point though, that I should have been contacted and there would have been a simple, reasonable answer.

We couldn't wait ONE MORE DAY for a 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF series.

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 am

Columbus GM wrote:I suppose I could've let you know my series might be taking a little longer because of scheduling difficulties (although I can't foresee the future), but regardless, you simmed my series vs. DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 2625556668 without even attempting to contact either of us?

I don't actually know if you tried contacting Minny, but he just messaged me earlier that we would play our series Saturday, so I'm assuming you didn't.

I've been one of the most active members on the new site, and to not even contact me before simming my playoff series is a very unfair decision. We were going to play Friday (still probably wouldn't have gotten the whole series done) but I was called in to work early and he didn't get home until a little later anyway. All this is beside the point though, that I should have been contacted and there would have been a simple, reasonable answer.

We couldn't wait ONE MORE DAY for a 2ND ROUND PLAYOFF series.

I know I'm new, but even i read the no tolerance advancement schedule discussion and saw his advancement schedule times. I would hardly get after the commish on this. You two did it to yourselves. You should have contacted him based on the 'no tolerance' for delaying the SIM times. Perhaps if you had messaged him he could have waited, but you didn't and thus him having his scheduled 3 day SIM he did just that. No tolerance.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Sat May 11, 2013 9:42 am

Well said Tampa!

I made it crystal clear what the advancement schedule was and I will not contact every GM in the playoffs to make sure they understand and read the schedule...it is the responsibility of the GM to manage their schedule.

That said, I am sorry that you guys did not get your games in and I would have delayed advancement a bit if you would have notified me that there was a problem....but it would not have been delayed a whole day under any circumstance.

CBJ, you are an important part of this league and we need guys like you, but please accept the fact that we have to keep things moving along during the off-season or the league will suffer tremendously....it has almost died twice because of this.
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7 Sat May 11, 2013 9:59 am

Look I've only been here half of the 3rd season, but this is the best league i had come across and NYI is a very good commish, but as a commissioner of many similar leagues, I would have at the VERY LEAST attempted to contact the 2 teams. And by ALL teams in the playoffs, you mean 16. Which is now 8. And which is 2 that actually needed contacted. Just seems like common sense. Or should I say common courtesy.

And a WHOLE DAY is not much time, given that if I won, I would have finished my next series Sunday. Maybe even later Saturday if LA was up for it.

And if the league almost died twice because of this, that means that it has happened EVERY PLAYOFFS. I think it's safe to conclude that you have a lot of GMs who are in the kindest words I can find, impatient when they miss the playoffs.

My regret is that I didn't contact you directly, but I was under the impression that Minnesota was a long time member and knew the circumstances well enough and that being in the playoffs I would receive some sort of notification if my playoff game was going to be simmed. Maybe it's just me, but that seems like sort of a BIG DEAL that you might want to let those GMs know at the very least, hey we have to sim your PLAYOFF SERIES.

Whatever, it's not worth getting bent out of shape about, but obviously that's what you look forward to most, is the playoffs, and to have this done after I had already won my first series, and that I've been a very active member, it just seems very careless and discourteous.

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sat May 11, 2013 11:04 am

Well being a Co-Commish I feel I should give my 2 cents on this. First off I would like to say that I feel for both Columbus and Minny. Nobody likes to win or lose this way. But being that you said you are one of the most active members since being on this new site, why couldn't you guys have scheduled to play the games sooner? It always seems come playoff time people's schedules change completely regardless what time of year it is. I have a full time job but always manage to get my games in. There is a no tolerance policy for late advancements for a reason. I do feel for you Columbus and you Minnesota but rules are rules. I support Islanders 100 percent on his decision. Which leads me to my next point.
ABSOLUTELY 100 PERCENT, PLAY YOUR GAMES ASAP. Do not wait till the last day to play the games. Play atleast 1 or 2 games right after advancement to atleast have a few done. 7 games could take up to 3 hours and that's not including overtime minutes.
Every playoffs we have had some sort of problem and its always something different. Whether it be guys accusing other guys of glitch shots, guys accusing other guys of face off cheating, scheduling problems and guys asking for extensions, or now guys mad because their series got simmed due to not making the deadline. There will always be problem. Being the Commish come playoff time is a tough thing to do. Say what you want about it it's not easy when there are 10 guys urging you to rush the playoffs, 4 guys saying they are done their series and they can advance, and 2 guys saying they want an extension. It's difficult and as I said before I believe Islanders did the right thing. You can't keep everyone happy but if Islanders didn't stick to the rules, what would happen next round? Guys asking for yet another extension. It happened when I was Commish and Florida was screwed over because of it. Best way to get things done is to stick to a advancement schedule and keep all rules intact. After all guys it is just a game and were here for fun right? Working is more important so if you must work by all means work. Family is more important so if you have some kinda family crisis, screw the playoffs and handle your business. It's a game fellas. A really fun game at that.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Sat May 11, 2013 11:42 am

Minnesota is a long time member and I'm surprised he would do something like this. The league has almost died twice but last season when I took over for original commish, my ps3 broke, so the the first time seemed to be unorganized and the second was because I had technical difficulties, thank god NYI was quick thinking and able to keep it going.... And I agree with PIT saying play ur games immediately. It prevents problems but yes I do understand this game doesn't come first so you don't necessarily have to. With that being said, we have to stick to the advancement schedule somewhat, not necessarily strictly, but somewhat. We've made the mistake of not advancing on time and delaying it by three days at points. We need to make playoffs go quick to keep the non-playoff GMs interested
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7 Sat May 11, 2013 12:15 pm

NYI and MIN both know my schedule and I have posted it multiple times. I work 7pm-3am so I guess I'm just shit out of luck, the moment we advanced to round 2 I contacted Minny because he was the last series of the 1st round. I did everything in my ability to play him as fast as possible.

And for the record I've never had ANY problem playing Chicago the day our games were posted and I'm almost positive he's the only user I've played, because he's one of the few GMs as active as I am. Yet I'm the only one losing out here.

Move the regular season faster and give us an extra playoff week. Most of my regular season games against UserGMs ended up being me vs. the CPU anyways.

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Sat May 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Columbus GM wrote:NYI and MIN both know my schedule and I have posted it multiple times. I work 7pm-3am so I guess I'm just shit out of luck, the moment we advanced to round 2 I contacted Minny because he was the last series of the 1st round. I did everything in my ability to play him as fast as possible.

And for the record I've never had ANY problem playing Chicago the day our games were posted and I'm almost positive he's the only user I've played, because he's one of the few GMs as active as I am. Yet I'm the only one losing out here.

Move the regular season faster and give us an extra playoff week. Most of my regular season games against UserGMs ended up being me vs. the CPU anyways.

Dude. No offense, but even if you somehow end up playing a lot of CPUs (again I'm new, but have been in as many leagues as 7 at once and have taken over as commish 5 times amongst varying leagues), you still did it to yourself by assuming min would try to get ahold of nyi, you made a costly mistake.
Post on site for games, post your schedule alongside. If someone doesn't get back to you during the lengthy (I like) cycle that is used here they should be gone as far as CPU play goes. That being said, obviously no special treatment. 'Slow playoffs down, speed season up' just make room for you. You're being ridiculous. I'm new here, but I am everyday active and while this is my secondary league I am likely to post on forum for my games and will have a schedule to work around. Hopefully we play a couple times (your west I'm east, not likely) just so you do for sure have someone to play.
If someone is inactive, posting for games on forum is a great way of finding that out and in a case like this if you had, you wouldn't have needed to message the commish and all this would never have happened.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest9 Sat May 11, 2013 1:24 pm

This is partly my fault. I didnt even realize we were advancing earlier for the playoffs. I completely forgot about that change. Because of that I was still playing under the regular season rules and was going to play Columbus right now. I could have managed to work around his schedule the last few days but I just thought I had Saturday. My apologies to Columbus because he lost the series, I would much rather of played it but I still get the benefit of advancing.

Guest9

Back to top Go down

Post by BostonGM Sat May 11, 2013 1:41 pm

I chalk it up to another learning experience for everyone. It's actually the kind of things that make it a better league in the long run. Provided we learn from it.

I would like to say that although I am not in favor of GMs expecting that I'll contact them to make sure the series is on track, I do regret that I didn't do something along those lines as CBJ has suggested. I will consider ways to improve the process.

That said:

LA, MIN, PIT, FLA.....CONGRATS! Whats the plan?
BostonGM
BostonGM
Admin

https://ddhfl.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sat May 11, 2013 2:04 pm

I messaged my schedule to Florida on PSN and on this site. We will start soon as possible.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Los Angeles GM Sat May 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Pit, Florida is on now. Saw he was when I was playing MLB
Los Angeles GM
Los Angeles GM

Back to top Go down

DDHFL SEASON 3 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS UPDATES - Page 2 Empty Western Conference Finals, MIN(2) vs LA(6)

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Game 1 : 3-1 LA win
Game 2 : 4-1 LA win

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Sat May 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Hehe, my bets are on Los Angeles to win this whole thing.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sat May 11, 2013 7:10 pm

The Champ will be an Eastern Conference team Smile
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Sat May 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Give it your best bud. My bets still on Los Angeles.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7 Sat May 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Hey Tampa, with all due respects, fuck you. I didn't assume MIN would contact NYI, I assumed MIN had a good understanding of the rules and assumed there was some leeway on the schedule. My schedule has and still is posted IN THE SCHEDULE FORUMS.

Just make room for me? No, I'm suggesting and idea that would better the whole league. The playoffs are worth a lot more than say the first month or 2 of the season.

I've attempted to schedule games through the forums before and that didn't work.

Thanks for the responses NYI and MIN.

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sat May 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Easy fellas. Take that kinda talk to personal messages.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Sat May 11, 2013 11:16 pm

I really don't like these situations, but because I'm constantly checking the forums i tend to find myself in these situations a lot. If you read what you posted maybe you could understand where I'm coming from based on what you put. From what i understand you have made a big deal of something you screwed up yourself alongside a long time member. Neither of you kept up with the forum and it cost you. Did you say you have run a league before? Because i can hardly see any maturity after that.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyers GM Sat May 11, 2013 11:20 pm

Ok guys I think all this talk needs to stop. It's only flooding the " STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS" thread. This is for playoff results fellas. Now your both very passionate which we love here. Settle it on the ice. Both of you can be big men and walk away. You don't have to like each other but there WILL be respect between each other in the league. We all get a little angry and go over the line at time but let's just leave it alone guys. It's all said and done. Come back strong next year and settle this feud on the ice. He'll pick up your controller and play a mini series right now. Just let's drop it guys.
Flyers GM
Flyers GM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10 Sat May 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Yeah, I just don't like the insult. I don't want to cause shit, but it seems to happen with every league I join at some point. I just like to give my 2 cents and I feel based on what I read that I said the same thing someone else would have eventually said (based on experience). Nonetheless the mini series could be fun. What do you think cbj? I could play a couple games early tomorrow.

Guest 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7 Sun May 12, 2013 1:57 am

I give respect where respect is due as many of you might notice. Don't jump in on a conflict that doesn't invlove you and you don't have full knowledge and understanding of. To quote The Big Lebowski, "You're out of your fucking element Donny!!!" This situation could have been kept simple and clean if it didn't involve a third party. And you want to talk about maturity while you keep slipping in a sly little quip aimed at me every post. Fuck off.

I'm done posting in the playoff thread and I'm done responding to you TB. See you next season.

Guest 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Game 3 : 3-0 LA WIN
Game 4 : 4-1 LA WIN

LA win series in 4 to advance to the Stanley Cup finals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next